Monday, December 08, 2008

Seasons of my life



As I begin to write and feel nothing

Scribbling away my words carelessly

It reminds me a lot about life

that slips by every second.


The times that we think we know all

And there is absolutely nothing that can go wrong

And ha ha ha laughs The destiny

Pushing me to some other path


That has never been treaded before

and I quake unresolved unsure

"Isn't it better to sprinter back",

I ask myself 100 times


But when I look over my shoulder

the path that I so knew

It looked different, very different

Uninviting, impassive and distant


"What happened to all the laughters and smile

I shared some while ago" I asked

No one replies this time again

Yet I knew what I had known


Seasons change and so would ways

All is passing even you and me

What remains is what you want

If not in substance, then in reminiscence


What I have lost

Was not meant to stay

What happens to them

Is for them to face


I will walk another road

With knowledge of what I had known

Will heal myself and get hurt too

And never once forget to smile

for all the many seasons

I still have to meet



Awaitingly Yours




8 comments:

Ravi Kapoor said...

Beautiful poem with a deep meaning!

I love your stuff. Keep writing :)

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful poem....How ironic is this...this beautiful poem is filed with unimaginable sorrow and pain...

Life makes us realize so many things. People whom we took for granted assumed to be the pillar of our life...when they suddenly move away...leads to a huge emptiness...

We feel this emptiness and loneliness everywhere. Even when we are in a crowd this loneliness haunts us...

But i say whatever happens, happens for the good. Certain things are never meant to be. May be life has something better in store, something grander. Who knows?

Anonymous said...

So simple yet so deep. Lessons of life make us all wise. Makes us strong with the knowledge of vulnerability and fallibility of our beliefs. Those whom we swore by are no more there.

The earlier we believe in life that we are born alone and are to live through our life alone the better we are able to manage our lives. On acceptance of this, we are able to manage ourselves those whom we love and our near and dear family.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous...Keep writing. You have a great talent. It is unfortunate that such talent is fuelled by sorrow.

Anonymous said...

Life is a cycle. You will have its ups and downs. Just like the various seasons. Well written poem. So much from the heart. Clear, simple and lucid yet so powerful.

Anonymous said...

"What I have lost

Was not meant to stay

What happens to them

Is for them to face"


One of my personal best line in this poem...So filled with emotion yet so detached. Here arises in life a very important crossroad. You have to choose one...You choose your life than to cry over what you have lost. You say life has something better in store for me. I will seek it out and live it happily with a smile. Never give up.

Beautiful poem. Highly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Very touching poem. I have wished so many times "Isn't it better to sprinter back"

Certain things are never meant to be. May be there is something better in store. Life is a big surprise. The best things are left for the last. So keep smiling.

Well written poem. Would love to read more of your writings.

Anonymous said...

Very well written poem. would love to read more of your stuff.