A funny title you will say. Perhaps not I will say.
As I walked to my cab today, followed by few sweepers who were busy making a public display of their desperation (eve teasing - Casually tossed around word), I just lost it. Yes I lost my calm that I otherwise keep. Under other conditions I would have ignored them but something snapped.
I felt that is this the country many of our brave men and women are laying their lives for. Is this the way we will always take things lying down or ignoring or feeling it will go away one day. The answer that came was shocking. A big NO. I took hold of the situation and took them to the guard. But no the thing does not ends here.
In no time I was surrounded by 20 men and women -all sweepers busy explaining and fighting my allegation.
I paused to wonder that if people can come together to fight an unfair cause of which they don't know , then why can't they come for a just cause. Imagine the scene when a girl is almost surrounded by 20 such jokers. 1:20 ratio.
And like always no one came to even stand next to me. all busy with their lives. So I often wonder if people will remember Mumbai 26-11 attack when they can't even stand up for something happening right in front of them.
I will not say that all don't voice their opinions but we have so many categories of people making points that all becomes chaotic. There are these fools who know they are wrong and the best way to survive is to make lot of noice
Then there are people who are scared of any voice and live with herd mentality.
Finally you have few who have some sense but it is an effort to be heard over the noice and mayhem.
It is important to keep making that effort and see that we don't become a fool or a coward. Yes to keep making that effort and find that voice above the noice.
And how can one do that. By joining all voices.
Is is also essential to realise that you can keep feeling safe till something happens. The day you are the victim, you will get the hit. So better to know that anything can happen to anyone anywhere so when you see someone in trouble, try to visualise yourself there and act. Don't be passive because the next time you will be in that spot which can happen, others would too act the same.
"We" should move away from "I".
"WE"ly Yours
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi! My name is Jamila and I'm from France.
I'm a blogger since one year on Aamir Khan's blog. Most admiring the man by his sens of humanity, I was very touched, but also the actor he is, talented and engaged!
I saw your comment on the blog and I couldn't help to check your link. After reading your long comment here, I was deeply touched by your cry of destress in front of the laxism of the society. If you want to share a discussion with me, it would be a pleasure for me.
Respectfully
Jamila
Post a Comment