Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Walk on

The gait says it all. When I am walking just walking, it can speak volumes about my state of mind. Those few walks when every step is like walking in a slushy marsh, capture so much going on in the mind. So much confusion, confounded beyond imagination.. And then I also remember those confident strodes that I must have taken in various passages full of strangers and wanderers who you see but don't want to look. Yes, it is craft to see but not look. Extremely helpful to people like us. Establishes the relation of cold immunity against forces you don't want to fight. And the gait just seals the same. These are also times, when people measure you as an outsider. And I would be lying if I say that it doesn't matter. It does. Yet, it is not the be all and end all. It is my projection and not my reflection. That’s the difference. Projections are a small part, very virtual and superficial. Good for the time being situations or people. Reflections on the other hand are me ,me and more of me. The me that I know, I want to know and the one I still haven't met. In my reflections, I walk without that snail slow character or those sharp shark antics. I just walk like a traveller.The one who has travelled far and beyond, seen much, realises many things that have still not been felt by many, worries a bit on the availability of stocks and at same time is aware that there is more to the puzzle than meets the eye.
But have many people seen my like that. Naah.
Mostly me and infact for last few months not even me.
Do I want people to see the real me? Maybe not. Maybe not required and as they say obvious is boring.
Read a poem somewhere - My fav actually
"If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch and toss,
And lose,
And start again at your beginnings"
One mile covered and God knows how many to go. Where, with whom, when etc etc etc and hundred questions.
So like a traveller I charge myself with what was lost, pay for some deeds and walk again changing my steps, style and gait every moment like a chameleon.
Walk on - It is better than move on (so damn negative:))

Walkingly yours

No comments: