Have never lived out of a suitcase
Dread the call for it
If it comes, what will I do?
When it comes, will I be true
To the many words that I throw
Of courage and wisdom and flexibility
Or will they be like those empty promises
Met daily on every crossroad you reach
Have never flown like an icarus
The fool who had a great fall
I have been the bird in waiting
And is that why I am so patient?
conveniently pushing the tradeoff
Between being a birdbrain
Or unnecessarily sagacious
The grass is always greener the other side
And then I look at my many wounds
Deep cuts but hidden, veiled
Cryptic and abstruse to
An unseasoned sophomoric novice
Time will tell if the suitcase beckons
Allures and entice the sins and songs
If the innocence stays or goes
Or Can I fly and remain on my toes
Questioningly Yours
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment