Am scared to fall in love
Am wary to walk away
Wasn’t unsure about anything
So damn sure of that
Seems like many ages back
I try to hide all that is ugly
The worst is that I don’t know what is
I loved all that was as it was
Then I met you
Questioned your intentions too
Every day in my mind
Looking for that one loophole
That can give me the valuable clue
Or hint me that it’s not meant to be
That it was not the dream it looks
I have looked everywhere
Well, almost everywhere
To find a reason or a logic
To search the truth - the ugly truth
And I still don’t know why I look for you
When you are not there
And no it’s not a crush we have
Its not just about the butterflies
It’s those soul stirring conversations
That you would like to call
It’s the taste of those tears
That otherwise I would have just wiped
It is the confidence that I can be what I want
With you to give me the right push
It is the nervous energy that I want to retain
To impress you everyday and bore you the most
And be able to turn the old yellow book
After dusting it not a bit
To a shiny new page
Till the very end
Friday, October 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good article. well written. But i don't think "Once bitten Twice shy" applies to falling in love.
Its like a fine wine. You drink(a lot, i might add) and you get a hangover..
But come next time you are ready to drink the same wine even though you know you will get a nasty hangover.
As Ghalib said:-
rone se aur ishq mein be_baak ho gaye
dhoye gaye ham aise ki bas paak ho gaye
[be_baak = outspoken/bold, paak = pure/clean/holy ]
Post a Comment